Use cheese cloth to straining yogurt is a easy and cheapest way to make homemade Greek yogurt.
Follow my easy step-by-step How to make Greek yogurt, you will have your fresh homemade Greek in about 4 hours (not include yogurt culture time).
Now let me show you how to make Greek yogurt:
1. After you finished your first step in making your homemade yogurt.
2. Boil two cups of water in a small pot, and put the cheesecloth in there, soak for about two minutes, to kill the germs.
3. Pour out water, and let the cheesecloth cool a little bit, and wring out the water. The cheesecloth will only feel damp.
4. Fold the cheesecloth into 4 layers, then lay it on a strainer;
(You can use Bouillon Strainer. It is a little pricey, but it is good to use and convenience)
5. Pour in your homemade plain yogurt;
6. This is what the plain yogurt looks like;
7. Fold and cover the plain yogurt;
8. Add some weight on the top, this will help in pushing out the whey from the plain yogurt;
9. Move the whole strainer into the refrigerator, let it drain for about 3-6 hours. Depending on the thickness that you would like. Mine was drained for about 3 hours;
10. This is after 3 hours of drained Greek yogurt, it is nice, thick and creamy;
11. This is the whey, was drained from the plain yogurt, I used it to make my homemade bread. :)
12. Move this fresh homemade yogurt into a container, and use a spoon or whisk stir (or beat) it well;
13. Now put the Greek yogurt back to the refrigerator for about 2 hours or longer, the yogurt will become thicker after cooling down.
Now you will start to enjoy your homemade Greek yogurt, by adding sweetener, fruits, or fine chopped nuts.
You will never believe this very tasty creamy homemade best Greek yogurt, how smooth it is on your tongue...,