Soy milk is made from soy beans. It is a very delicious and healthy drink that contains rich protein, vitamins and irons.
Homemade soy milk is the best.
Because soy milk is very nutritious, so it is very popular in the east Asia and south-east countries, such as China, Japan, Korean. It is very common non-dairy product drinks.
Same like every homemade foods better than the stores bought. You can use different ways to make your homemade soy milk. It is easy and healthier.
You can make your homemade soy milk with soy milk maker, or without a soy milk maker.
In this page, I will show you how to make soy milk by using a blender, this was how I made my homemade soy milk before.
Want to know how to make homemade soy milk by using a Soy Milk Maker pleaseclick here.
1 cup dry soy beans
(Soak dry beans 6-10 hours before you are going to make the soy milk)
9 cups of water
Pot that can hold 10 cups
8" stainless steel double rod strainer. You can also use 4 layers cheesecloth (because I don't want wet my hands so I use the strainer)
Put the 8" stainless steel double rod strainer on the 8" basin
2 32oz. food containers with lids
A pair of chopsticks or a wood cook spoon
A one-cup measuring cup
A soup spoon
1. Soak one cup of dried soy beans overnight or for about 6-10 hours.
2. Move the soaked soy beans into a blender.
3. Add 2 cups of water, then cover the blender's lid.
4. Push down the blend button for about one minute.
5. Then pour the blended soy bean mixture to a 8" stainless steel double rod strainer already sitting on the 8" basin.
6. Now it is straining time, this will take about 10 minutes.
You can use the chopsticks stir the mixture in the strainer to help it strain faster, or use a spoon to stir and push the liquid out. When the basin gets some row soy milk, pour it to the pot.
Keep adding the water one cup a time, stir and push the liquid out, about 7 cups of water should remain when you're finished.
Here is the soy beans dregs. It is still has a lot of good nutrients in it. You can use it to cook, make bread. If you cannot use it all in one time you can steam it and keep it in your refrigerator for few days. Or if you have too much and will never use them all, through them to the composter, it good for your plants.
Now, it is cooking time:
7. Place a pot on your stove, turn it on high and begin to cook. You can use chopsticks or wooden spoon to stir to make sure the milk won't stick to the bottom of the pot. This will take about 10 minutes to bring to a boil.
8.When the soy milk starts to boil, a lot of foam will appear, turn your stove down to mid-low, or hurry and move your pot before the foam overflows out of your pot.
REMEMBER, you're not done with the cooking yet!
Move your pot back to the stove after the foam goes down, keep stirring, you can also remove the foam. Keep this whole boiling process for about 3 minutes.
9. Here is your fresh homemade soy milk.
The last step is to filter your soy milk.
After you've finished the whole soy milk cooking, you need to have this last step of filtering your soy milk, because there are still some fine dregs in the soy milk and this will not feel good when you drink it.
10. Use a soup spoon to spoon out some soy milk each time into the coffee filter, which is already sitting on your prepared container.
You can carefully turn your filter to help the soy milk out.
11. When you see that the dregs is full around your filter, use water to wash it, and keep filtering all of your soy milk.
Now! You have is real nice, fresh smelling, about 8 cups of homemade soy milk.
You can add sugar, honey, or other sweeteners to fit your taste. You can also flavor your soy milk with vanilla, chocolate and others.
You can drink it like your dariy milk at any time. Keep it refrigetored after it cools down to keep it fresh. This will keep for about three days.