Coffee Filter Straining Yogurt
If you just want to strain a cup of homemade yogurt, coffee filter will be the good choice.
You will need:
- A container to catch the whey for each of the coffee filter
- Plastic wrap to cover yogurt
- Plastic bag (no zipper) with some water in and tied it to give some weight to accelerate the processing time
- Place coffee filter on the top of the container that holds the coffee filter
- Spoon in about 2/3 to 1 cup of homemade yogurt or store bought plain yogurt to each coffee filter
- Cover with plastic wrap on the to of coffee filter, I used two filters at this time
- Make two small water plastic bags for each of the coffee filter and tied them.
- Place water bags on the top of yogurt filters
- Then move them into refrigerator
- The straining time for reference:
After your strained yogurt reach your desired thickness, move it from filters into another container
and fully stir it until creamy, tied the lid and keep it into refrigerator for later use
- Thicker yogurt - the thickness is between regular plain yogurt and Greek yogurt, is about 1-2 hours
- Greek yogurt - about 3-4 hours
- Yogurt cheese - about 8 hours, or over night
This picture shows after 4 hours strained yogurt, it become Greek yogurt.
From Coffee Filter Straining Yogurt Back to Easy Homemade Yogurt
Cheese Cloth Straining Yogurt
Yogurt Cheese Maker